8 servings | 10 prep minutes | 90 cook minutes
Ingredients Link to heading
- 1 pound ground beef
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 handful dark chocolate chips
- hot sauce of choice
- ground cumin
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- ground cayenne
Method Link to heading
- Brown and break up ground beef in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Move beef to a separate plate or bowl, leaving just enough fat to cook with.
- Add peppers and onions to the pot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Return beef to the pot, stir in both cans of beans (including liquid) and the crushed tomatoes.
- Add spices, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring chili to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook for at least an hour.
- Before serving, add chocolate chips and stir until melted and fully incorporated.