8 servings | 10 prep minutes | 35 cook minutes
Ingredients Link to heading
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 15 ounces canned diced/crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Method Link to heading
- Brown and break up the beef over medium-high heat in a large saute pan. Move beef to a plate or bowl, leaving enough fat to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add vegetables to pan and cook stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices and tomato paste and cook for about a minute until fragrant.
- Return beef to pan, along with the rice, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked, while stirring occasionally to avoid burning on the bottom of the pan.